Bathing Program offered by the National Groomers Association of Canada
NGAC is pleased to offer you this opportunity to learn to bathe animals correctly. Our 35 hour program is an introduction into the proper methods of bathing and blow-drying pet companions plus membership into our National Association.
Welcome to the National Groomer Association of Canada. We are a national coast to coast non-profit organization dedicated to ensuring the highest level of pet care, health and safety attainable within the grooming industry, equitably representing all facets of the industry from business owners to breeders and or pet stylist including the novice entering the field.
NGAC is an active player in the national network of the pet grooming industry in which we strive to offer up a strong and consistent voice for the Canadian Pet Groomer and Business Owner.
As a Federal not for profit, member based organization, the National Groomer Association of Canada advocates on behalf of the Canadian Pet Groomer and Business Owner, while acting as a credible source of information and education for both parties.
NGAC offers a 35 hour program to teach you all you need to know about bathing animals for your certificate and licensing as a Bather in the Animal Pet Industry.
- Automatic Membership to the Association when fees are paid
- Learn the facts on Shampoos and Crème Rinses
- Identify breeds of dogs and textures of coat
- Learn the scoop on Blow-drying animals to a Professional Level
- Learn the safety measure that need to be taken when bathing animals
- Learn the Professional Techniques to ensure a quality finish
- Certificate upon successful completion of the program
- Membership in the National Groomers Association of Canada
- $50,000 Accident Insurance coverage immediately upon signing up for the Bathing Program -
must be under 65 to qualify for the Accident Insurance
Duration of Program: 35 Hours
Your course will include the Grooming Fundamental Training Manual published by the National Agency of Pet Grooming Schools Inc. (NAPGS), which is an introduction into the Pet Industry and will give you the basic background that you will require to be a knowledgeable individual in this field. This manual is for you to read and study. It includes:
General Safety Measures and Professional Understanding of Bathing an Animal:
- General Safety and Daily Tasks preformed by a Bather
- Security Entrance and Escape Measures
- Emergency Numbers and First Aid Kit
- Equipment Safety Measures
- Kenneling Safety Measures
- Bathing Safety Measures
- Blow Drying Health and Safety Measures
- Bathtub Sanitation
- Grooming Posture & General Safety Measures
- Table Security
- Muzzle and Safety Measures with Aggressive Animals
- Breeding and Observations of a New Dam
- Metric Conversion Chart
- History of the Evolution of Dog
- Understanding Pack Behavior
- Facial expressions and Gestures
- Actions of Dogs and the reasons why
- Body Language
- Vocal Communication
- Critical periods of your puppy’s life
- Dogs reactions to Smell and taste
- Sight and Hearing
- Sense of touch
- Life Expectancy of Dogs
- Dealing with the loss of a pet
- Health & Safety when it comes to Invisible Dangers
- Internal & External Parasites
- Anal Sacs
- Normal temperature of Dogs
- Diseases of Dogs and why Immunization is so vital
- Lyme Disease
- Urinary Bladder Disorders
- Disorders of Male and Female Reproductive tracts
- Disorders of Ears and Eyes
- Disorders of the Coat and Skin
All of the above are requirements for you to learn in order to be able to give and understand the Health and Safety Issues that go into a proper bath. It is not just about adding water and shampoo to the animal to get it clean, but the professional understanding that goes into the methodology of bathing.
Hands on Training:
You will received live Hands on Training for the proper techniques in bathing and blow-drying a pet companion:
- Safe lifting
- Health & Safety for the Bather
- Application and proper technique to shampoo an animal
- Applying proper technique to towel dry an animal
- Bath Tub Sanitation
- Table Security
- Equipment Security
- Applying proper technique to Blow-dry an animal
It is important that you obtain your Grooming Fundamental Guide prior to your start date so that you are prepared.
What you need to do now is complete your application, select your location and send in the completed form along with your cheque payable to National Groomers Association of Canada for your program start date assignment:
Course Fee: $895.00
Grooming Fundamentals Training Guide: $ 75.00
Total Charges: $1,096.00
Start Dates: Will be assigned based on location and availability.
Hours: 35 hours
Certificate: After completion of your training you will receive a certificate of attendance to the recognized Bathing Program.
It is the hope of the NGAC that after completion of this bathing program that you will proceed on to voluntary licensing with the National Agency of Pet Grooming Schools to be able to call yourself a Licensed Bather. Please visit the website www.groominginstitute.com for further details upon the completion of your course.